If you are on your IVF journey, you probably have been asked so what all have you tried to get pregnant? Or better yet, someone willingly shares their advise with you requesting it. That’s happened a time or two (million) to me along our journey.
So, I thought I would take some time to share all of the things I/we have tried over the past seven years as part of my Dream of Mom to Be. Good new is that I don’t think it is anything terrible but as I reflected as I thinking about this post I had a couple “I did what moments!?!” Let me know what you have done that I didn’t try… there is still time:)
- Chiropractic – I have been going to see my amazing chiropractor for at least three years. I adore her, so that helps!
- Acupuncture – I just recently started back and I love it. I am so relaxed after leaving. She shared that it takes about 8-12 weeks for my hormones start even out. So, without knowing it, I went back at just the right time.
- I drank this nasty fertility tea. N-A-S-T-Y. Seriously, I am shuttering just thinking about it. Yeah, that didn’t accomplish much but gagging and more gagging.
- Uterus massages very interesting. It’s more of a class/session, they do it and tell you how so then you can do it on your own. It was slightly awkward. My chiropractor suggested.
- Yoga for Infertility – Restoring Fertility – Yoga for optimal fertility (available on Amazon.com)
- Many different types of diets – low-carb, no carbs, gluten-free, dairy free, egg free, etc. I have avoided eating foods that my blood work came back to show an “allergy”. Foods/spices I avoided carrots, pepper, avocado, cinnamon and quite a few others.
- Many different supplements, in many formats. From mixing powders with Aloe Vera juice to nasty tasting liquid supplements and of course tablet/capsule format.
- Different hormone tests – where you pee on these strips of paper and then mail it in. Of course, everything came back within the normal range.
- We tried “not trying” – best advice ever right!?!?
I am sure there are more things, but this is all that I can think of. What about you? Anything I didn’t try? Feels like I tried it all but I’m sure there are quite a few more things out there.
I am going to Vlog this week to provide an update and also share some books that I have read over the years.
Until next time…. be kind to one another.